What is e107 ?
e107 is an Advanced Content Publishing Solution for Website Pages, Documents, Menus and Links (Content Management System) powered by PHP and MySQL which gives you a totally dynamic and professional website "out of the box". It's open-source (free), easily customized and doesn't require any knowledge of programming languages in order to use it to build a web site. It is simple to use for a novice and yet powerful and flexible enough to meet the needs of professionals.
- Easy and Fast Installation via Fully automated, intuitive system install wizard
- User Registration system (automated or manually approved)
- Single-Sign-On (Shared/Shareable Login Database) capability
- Simple, Intuitive Administrative Interface
- Fully Integrated User-Class (permissions) System
- Run your Site in Multiple Languages simultaneously and currently in Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish
- Security Tools
- News/Blog/Poll/Event Posting & Syndication
- Rotating Banner Advertising System
- Discussion Forum
- Event Calendar
- RSS & Newsfeeds
- Email Notifications
- User-to-User Private Messaging
- WYSIWYG editing
- Flexible Plugin Architecture (unlimited possibilities)
- Easy Theme/Templating System
- Simple Update Procedure for the CMS Core, Plugins and Themes
- Mature (established over 9 years) but Constantly Developing
Click for a LIVE DEMO
What are the basic requirements to run e107?
- A Web-Server (Apache or Microsoft IIS) running PHP 4.x or 5.x and MySQL 4.x or 5.x.
- FTP access to your webserver and an ftp program such as Filezilla .
Don't have hosting? Click Here
What is the recommended setup for e107?
- A Linux based Webserver running Apache 2.x, PHP 5.3 or higher, MySQL 5.0 or higher. (LAMP)
- A Registered Domain Name
- Access to a Server Control Panel (such as cPanel)
How do I get started?
Option 2 (you already have hosting)
- Download and upload the contents of the e107 CMS Full Zip file to your webserver via FTP.
- Configure a Database Account for e107 via your server's control panel (or ask your hosting provider to create a database and send you the database-name, username/password).
- Navigate to your domain address which will open the 6 step installation wizard
- Using your FTP client, delete the install file and secure your configuration file.