Can't Access Forum Threads

e107 CMS » Forums » e107 v1.x Support » Core Code Support << Previous thread | Next thread >>
migs
Registered Member #41706
All of a sudden, forum threads time out on entry.

The forum list can be loaded, as can the list of threads within a forum. Once any thread is clicked on, however, it eventually times out without any internal errors being displayed.

After this time out, the site front page can be reloaded and any other area of the site can be accessed, but it fails again at thread level.

As an example, I'm currently in Admin in Chrome to get the PHP and E107 versions, whilst the forum times out in Firefox. The problem isn't browser specific, I should add.

No changes have been made recently.

e107 v1.0.4
PHP 5.3.28
MySQL 5.1.73

Any help gratefully received
Go to top
Moc
Registered Member #44563
Hmm, are you using a plugin which functions on form topic level. For example the 'banhelper' plugin? If yes, try disabling this plugin (by uninstalling - NOT removing the database tables), and check if the issue persists.
Go to top
migs
Registered Member #41706
I was using BanHelper until a while ago, but uninstalled it then because it caused some forum issues.

I've also run all the database checks, and no problems were returned.
Go to top
nlstart
nlstart
  • e107 Site administrator
  • e107 Core developer
  • e107 Translation Team Leader
Registered Member #29855
it might be you have reached a certain limit. How many forum posts are we talking about; see the forum statics in e107_plugins/forum/forum_stats.php
Go to top
Website
migs
Registered Member #41706
Hi Henk

I'll check later, as I can't access the site where I am at the moment due to their firewall.

I don't think this will be the case though, as I'm certain there are bigger e107 forums out there. Plus, the issue also happens with threads that have no replies.

The site has actually been quiet for some time in terms of new posts, as most of the activity moved out onto Twitter etc., but people like to be able to refer to past threads.

I'm happy to provde admin access if someone wants to take a look, as I'm at a loss.
Go to top
nlstart
nlstart
  • e107 Site administrator
  • e107 Core developer
  • e107 Translation Team Leader
Registered Member #29855
Unfortunately I'm personally not in the situation to dive into this on short terms.
Go to top
Website

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF